Sunday, September 26, 2010

But I want it

Oh Sunday....
For me a Sunday afternoon has become a day for deciphering wants from needs.
Sunday ads are the worst. You are content with what you have until you flip through the target ad and see that something is on sale or just too wonderful to pass up. So how wonderful is it really???? And do you already have something that looks really similar or provides the same function? I find myself in battle: want vs. need. Somehow I always realize that what I am desiring is a want, and whether or not I treat it as a need is another story.


So the best way to avoid the want syndrome....
-DON'T look at the sunday ads
-DON'T open up emails from clothing stores about sales (you end up spending more than you planned and buy things that weren't even on sale)
-Be content with what you have and make the most of it.


Well today I fell in the trap of the Sunday want syndrome....but at least I didn't buy anything.


Here are some of the things I came across during my online window shopping session:


Old Navy (always tempting...I love their clothes way too much)


                                              


Mod Cloth
 (I probably look at this cite on a daily basis...but i have never bought anything from it...so it is a safe want

  
Good luck avoiding the Sunday want syndrome....I know I'll need it for the weeks and months to come.

1 comment:

  1. http://perseveranceotsaints.blogspot.com/2010/09/satisfied-in-christ.html

    well, i think it relates. :)

    ReplyDelete