Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fashion Favorites

Pearls....
They are classy and make a basic outfit go from drab to fab.
I believe that pearl earrings and necklaces are essentials for every woman's wardrobe.


Not your grandmothers pearls


Scarfs....
This neck garnish is no longer just for fall and winter. I love that scarfs are now lightweight and have a gauzy appearance. They can add so much character to an outfit without it looking weighed down. I would suggest having scarfs in a variety of colors and weights so that you can pair them with your clothes year round.

The pink scarf is thicker/warmer.
The green is gauzy/lightweight and perfect for spring and summer.
The floral print can go with many different outfits. 


Sweaters...
I have a confession to make......I am completely obsessed with sweaters. If I call it a collection, does that make the situation any better? Ok probably not.  I own 25 of them in almost every color and in every style you can probably think of. 

Well, now that I got that off my chest, I think you can wear a sweater any time of the year (and I just about do). I love how a sweater can be dressed up or down. It can also bring color to an otherwise plain jean and shirt combo.


Here is part of my sweater collection along with the actual count:

short sleeve (7)

3/4 sleeve (9)

Long Sleeve (9)

My sweater drawer (there are 8 in there)
Yes, it is completely stuffed

Just a portion of the sweaters that belong in my closet


In case you are curious about how many in each color or style...here you go:
(many apply to more than one category)

Pull over....8
zipper front....2
buttons.....14

V-neck....12
Crew....4
Scoop.......5
Other...4

White.......5
Gray.....5
Black.........2
Brown/Tan........5
Yellow......3
Green..2
Blue..........1
Pink.................2




1 comment:

  1. I love pearls!!!! If you ever need to get rid of any....hehehe :-D

    And you do have tons of sweaters! I never really noticed before though; it's your thing :-) Besides, you have different KINDS of sweaters...so it's okay ;-) haha.

    ReplyDelete