Saturday, November 19, 2011

Modify a Dress

I love dresses, but I rarely wear them.

Sometimes i assume wearing a dress means that i am dressing up. That doesn't have to be the case. 
It's all about how the dress is accessorized.

Three ways to style a maxi dress:
1. Add a long sleeved sweater and belt

 2. Wear a tank top and sweater over the dress. Add a scarf to hide halter strings.

3. Convert the dress to a skirt. Roll down the top of the dress and use the strings to hold it in place. Wear a loose sweater to hide the added bulk around the waist.

Converting a Dress into a Shirt

I have a dress that is too short for my liking. I have only worn it once as a "dress". I wore it over jeans, so i suppose it didn't really count as a dress.

After nearly a year of not wearing this "dress," I came to the realization that it would work better as a shirt. So i got out the rotary cutter and a mat, and easily cut four inches off the bottom. Best decision i ever made regarding cutting clothes.


It is all about making what you have work for you. If that means altering your clothes, do it. Chances are you can get more use out of it once you make those changes.
Don't be afraid to switch things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment